With modern technologies evolving it’s an opportune time to offer an enriching STEM competition to anyone…living anywhere…at anytime. The “RCX Cyber Competition” is a unique online Lego robotics tournament that leverages the power of the Internet to create a world of learning and competition right in your own backyard. It is our goal to break down the barriers of proximity by offering an online version of the RCX- Robo Challenge Xtreme Tournament.
Mars Adventure Mat and Setup
RCX-Cyber Version Quick Glance
- You need a Lego robot (RCX, NXT or EV3). Sold here- www.legoeducation.us
- Purchase an RCX Competition Set: www.rcxrobot.org
- Use RCX online resource to do everything related to the tournament.
- “How do I build the 4x8 board?” ( ✔Check the RCX website)
- “How do I build the Mission Objects?” ( ✔Check the RCX website)
- “What are the Missions?” (✔Check the RCX website)
- “How do I videotape?” (✔Check the RCX website)
- “How do I improve in Advanced Algebra?” (✖Ask a math teacher)
- I think you "GET IT" the website will be your best resource.
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
- Follow the Videotaping Guide (Below) to record your robot run and post the video online.
- Send us the link to your video before the tournament closing date.
- You’re FINISHED…
- We will have two different referee’s review your video and score it independently of each other. Scores are compared and if the scores are not equal we re-score them.
- Once scoring is complete a winner is announced…it could be you Advanced Algebra wiz kid. 9log9(4) =
Is the RCX Cyber Challenge for School or Home Use?
The RCX Cyber Challenge can be used as a school activity or an at home project. It is a flexible STEM resource that encourages teamwork, creativity, critical thinking and applies math and engineering concepts.
School Use- schools have used this resources in many different forms.
1. After School Club
Home Use- purchase the complete set and challenge any child anywhere. It will engage your child and create a enthusiasm for discovery.
Can I buy the RCX resource but not participate in the tournament style Cyber Challenge?
ABSOLUTELY! The RCX Cyber Challenge is a great culminating activity. Consider this...robotics is like a sport and the Cyber Challenge is the game (event). Kids always learn the most with consistent practice and preparation. Have FUN while Learning.
CYBER Challenge Resources
|Don't have the time to attend a RCX Tournament, or there are no tournaments in your area? Participate in the RCX CYBER Competition.|
|Building Board 101|
|The Quad Assembly|
|RCX General Rules|
|Practice Score Sheet|
|Rules and Missions|
|YouTube Mission Overview|
|Mars Q & A for Teams or Coaches|
For information about the CYBER CHALLENGE, contact us at the address below.